Sunday 31 October 2010

That was a long shift.




That was a long shift. Apologies for the large gaps accrued over the project. I became really involved in the filming and editing at Michelin and my day job took up the rest of my time. This project has been really intense with seven day (and night) working weeks.

The nightshift was really helpful in seeing a completely new side of the factory. I worked similarly to the way I did in the day shift as the working structure doesn't change. Although the nightshift is the same job there is less management on shift and there was a noticeably different atmosphere than during dayshift.

The Final Gathering was really great I think. Lots of staff from the factory came with their families and there was some really good feedback. Thanks to all those who made it along; it was so motivating to get to hear what everyone thought about the film and the project. It was lovely to get to spend time with the other artists all at once too.


Stills from the film made at the Michelin factory, Working Methods, 2010




0 comments:

Post a Comment